Is Your HVAC System Ready for Winter?
Cooler temperatures can only mean one thing (at least for adults). Winter is here. It’s time to make sure your HVAC system is ready for winter. Calling an HVAC technician for routine maintenance now can save your bank account down the road. You may have already done this, but the experts at Ball Building Services recommend these additional five steps to make sure your HVAC system stays strong through the next few months.
Five Things to Ensure Your HVAC System is Ready for Winter
Follow these five tips to minimize the dreaded no-heat chilly morning and help save you money.
- Install a programmable thermostat. Set the temperature to warm the rooms you use when home. Turn zones with unused areas lower to cut the total monthly heating cost. If you are away from home for large time periods during the day set your thermostat to automatically lower the temperature when you are not home, helping you save money.
- Turn on ceiling fans. You may already do this during the summer months, but ceiling fans are also helpful in the winter, especially in homes with high ceilings. A simple fan will help distribute heat throughout your home.
- Change your air filter and set a monthly reminder. A clogged air filter only means your HVAC system has to work harder to move air throughout your home. A clean air filter also helps everyone breathe easier by keeping dirt and debris out of the HVAC system and your home.
- Clean your air vents. Toys, clothing, and furniture can block the air intake, which is vital to keeping your HVAC system working properly. Children often hide things without thinking about obstructing the heat register.
- Test your HVAC system. Turn the heat on during a morning on a warmer day and listen for unusual noises. This will help you avoid an emergency and give you time to call the technician before it’s cold and you are waiting longer to figure out your heating issue.
Stay ahead on maintenance to avoiding the mid-winter HVAC service call. Find other cost-saving energy tips here.
Is your Valrico, FL HVAC system ready for winter? Contact Ball Building Services to make sure. Our licensed technicians will do a thorough check up and make sure you are ready for the chilliest nights in Central, FL. Call us today to schedule an appointment.